Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Wednesday Species Day…18/09/2013

Wednesday Species Day…18/09/2013 It was windy. Too windy for the sea. Wilmy might be able to fish so a mini species comp was on the cards. He couldn’t come in the end so it was just Nick, Bruce, Shaun and I. Shaun’s first coarse fishing session ever – we’d been shopping a couple of days before for bits. I met him again getting maggots. We launched at the quay after I’d had a roach while waiting for the others to get ready. As I forgot to take my camera I’ll not wax lyrical for once – Shaun landed one and dropped two pike on the glittering monstrosity of a witches broom he used and the rest of us failed to get a sniff of one – except Nick finally. I managed roach after roach before finally getting a half pound chub and a rudd or two. Bruce managed rudd, roach and perch and finally managed a decent chub after we’d called it a day. Nick managed pike, roach, rudd I think – anyway, we all had three species, a fine day out in nice weather and slow fishing in clear water – surprisingly. Even Barsham drain failed to produce apart from my one tiny solitary roach. Oh yeah, Shaun had his first ever coarse fish – a tiny chub a couple of inches long and a roach as well. I’m not sure what he made of coarse fishing on the whole but he seemed over the moon with the pike so I guess he’ll become a regular!

No comments:

Post a Comment