Search This Blog

Saturday 22 October 2011

Retro Speedo RRRapido!...22/10/2011

I guess it’s about a year I’ve been after her. A year is quite a long time. I thought I might be able to relieve my pangs with another! But it just wasn’t what I’d set my heart on. It’s kind of like falling in love with someone you shouldn’t have fallen in love with. I’d already made promises to my old flame you see. The trouble is, some things just have to be.

Yeah. So. I was betrothed to my faithful Yakboard

“Photobucket”

But I’m a bad man. Earlier in the year I had a brief fling with a Yahoo!

“Photobucket”

No. She caused conflict. She had to depart and so she left for a friend of mine.

I have to confess also to a few fumbles with Mysto (great on clean waves), Frenzy (great in big swell), Strike (fast and unstable), Five-O (fantastic with clean waves), Freedom (no comment) but none gave me the lasting love I so craved. My troubles were over. Yakboard and I could wake up together and have some great rides into the future. Or so I thought.

“I’ve found what you were looking for”

Hmm, I’m not Bono but that still sounds good.

“Where? The States”

“Nope. Northern warehouse”

“You’re kidding!”

As I drove to Cheshire I parted with my cash, paying her pimp off. She was mature yet a virgin…never even been kissed and so she came home with me ready for a beautiful future.

-----

I was up at 6, Si was coming over and we were going to fish. I wanted dabs. My wind tree said otherwise and I wandered up to the beach. No way could we fish that. Force 5 southeasterly. We couldn’t even surf it. Si arrived…surf it? Yeah, why not.

And so…and so…and so…

“Photobucket”

I’m so indiscreet. Yakboard, I still love you but this here is RRRapido and I’m in love again!

“Photobucket”

She arched her back, willing me on top.

“Photobucket”

As I caressed her, ready to mount her for the first time, waves of pleasure reared up

“Photobucket”

I straddled her. She was already wet.

Now, you may think I’m being overly gushing but just look at her. Look at the little minx. Who wouldn’t go wild for a piece of her?

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

9’7 long, 26” wide, 38lb in weight. A shallow draught, low volume, planing hull, soft rails, upswept bow…Time to rock n’ roll.

“Photobucket”

In we went

“Photobucket”

I paddled out, the first wave rolled in; I was twenty metres off the shoreline. And went straight back over her ;D

One Nil to RRRapido!

I tried again. I got a bit further.

“Photobucket”

Then it was Two nil. Third time lucky, I got out past the breaking chop. I managed to stay upright for a few minutes. Then I spotted a wave that I could catch, I looked at it too long and rolled over that way. Man, she was a handful!

“Photobucket”

She was on about eight before I opened my score with half a ride before I swam again.

“Photobucket”

I was starting to get the hang of things now. Temperamental like all thoroughbreds I was till swimming much of the time.

“Photobucket”

And then, on about fifteen two I managed to catch a wave face, Si in the water with the camera and I tore in towards him, flicking her sideways and carving around him…the camera, of course, missed the best picture which I knew would have been the best ever of me on a yak as I shot in close…too much lag and too much water but it was above my head and curling and then I came out as it crashed into foam

“Photobucket”

Oh yeah, she has potential! Back out again…

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

And back in again!

“Photobucket”

I nearly rolled her upright too, was almost up when the next wave hit me!

“Photobucket”

I gave up trying while I could still breathe.

Si had also had a play a bit earlier, having started with the Yakboard until enough bits gave way off the worn-out accessories. A commendable effort considering just how poor conditions were, how squirrely the RRRapido is and how it was his first time surf yakking.

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

Hell, I was doing that on the Yakboard my first time in this is far less forgiving!

Well, I can’t say I’ve conquered her just yet at twenty-five to five (and three of them awarded for courage as much as staying upright!) but what the hell, I got my fun factor!

“Photobucket”

So, will the slut break my heart ?

No comments:

Post a Comment