Search This Blog

Friday 29 October 2010

Force Four Fishing...29/10/2010

I had a days holiday yesterday so headed for Southwold (as planned), launching from Lowestoft (10+ miles) to meet up with a local or two.

“Photobucket”

By the time I got to Kessingland, 3 miles south, i'd had enough of battling a strong wind in my face that was coming over the swell and creating a rather snotty sea - the fishing would likely be the same at Southwold anyway. Dropped anchor in 26ft and didn't like it at all so up-anchored and headed north again to Pakefield, against the tide. I had the sail up and paddled as well, made about 2mph I'd say.

“Photobucket”

Fun going through a large area off the rifle range which varied between 6 and 10ft...dropped anchor in 24ft, still snotty, and proceeded to pull in 18 whiting before sailing back again once the tide had turned.

“Photobucket”

With hindsight I should have done Hopton and taken advantage of the shelter it offers in a southwesterly...ah well, enjoyed myself all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment