Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Out To Lunch…15/07/2014

Out To Lunch…15/07/2014

Shaun sent me a text to see if I was around the next day and so I invited him for lunch, the proviso being that we caught the ingredients! I could have defrosted yesterday’s catch but that would have been a step backwards so I waited for him to arrive before we headed down to the beach. I needed to add to my stock of photographs anyway and wanted to get some while my new rods weren’t caked in blood and guts! Besides, we had two black Tempos on the water (there would have been three but James decided to go north today)

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

I still had things set up from yesterday when I launched, the pink/silver and mackerel Minnow 12’s, the former having now sold out on Amazon due to Amos! I headed out and then waited around for Shaun.

“Photobucket”

I looked at my selection of them and thought about it…

“Photobucket”

I swapped the mackerel over for orange, perhaps the brightness would help in this dirty water, even worse than yesterday.

“Photobucket”

I took the lead and ran up the wall.

“Photobucket”

We rounded the point and headed up without a touch. I sat and waited for Shaun to finish his run before turning and heading back the way we’d come.

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

Down to the place I had the brace yesterday and whack!

“Photobucket”

A marvellous scrap once again, I really do like trolling with light rods! Shaun was shouting at me such things as “Who would have though it?” as I played the fish in, 45cm and a shade over 2lb bled.

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

You can’t really see the tears…

“Photobucket”

We paddled back home and beached neatly, the sea nice and flat. I love these easy summer sessions!

“Photobucket”

I forgot about the chips until too late but both of us are trying to drop a few pounds so a greased pan, bass fillets skin side down with a sprinkling of salt, full blast on the hob and covered for a few minutes then briefly flipped and half an hour dead organic bass went onto the plate. Very fresh, very simple and very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment