Search This Blog

Saturday 26 July 2014

After Tea...26/07/2014

After Tea...26/07/2014

I'd been doing random stuff around the house and with my family all day, some of which required the roof rack so I was outside putting the Tempo back on when an old friend sauntered up to ask how much they cost. He's an old mate I was in the TA with before he left to join the paras and now lives a couple of roads away. I'd not managed to arrange something with Heroes on the Water for him yet but he was fed up with the lack of fish falling to beach gear and knew I did alright...well, long story short I sent him home to get some other clothes, dug out some spare paddle kit and twenty minutes later we were on the beach at dusk!

A sea mist had come in, it'd been a scorching day, and the sea was flat so we headed up the Ness with the bass rods out. A fast paddle up to the heads before streaming the lures out and we were off, me tucked in tight and Heath just offshore working three Minnow 12's between us. The water was coloured but we were hopeful that the fish would be actively hunting by vibration at this time; I'd done okay in the morning anyway.

He was loving it, better than beasting himself for ten miles as per his original plan! The foghorn was blasting out as we passed it and it could be felt hitting us and travelling through the water into the kayaks too, a strange sensation I must say! Visibility was okay though, we spotted a yacht coming into port from 300 yards plus and being tight to the sea defences we had no worries anyway. Up we went, a mile or so, before turning and trying with the flow this time on the return. None of the usual places produced any fish though and so our hour's paddle was fishless but it mattered not one iota, he's hooked even if my spare kit is worn out and he got somewhat moist. No real surprise he enjoyed it as it was a beautiful and serene evening. And so to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment