Search This Blog

Friday 27 January 2012

Sail of the Century…27/01/2012

By 2pm I was done and wandering home though town; a quick turnaround, kitted up, I jumped in the van and headed a couple of miles south to Pakefield. It was a lovely bright afternoon and mulling over the options as I walked I decided to get my Pacific Action sail out and have a gentle wander back to my beach with no effort.

I trollied my Scupper down to the beach and paddled out to a somewhat flatter and less windy sea than I’ve been used to of late. Well, all year in fact. I flicked the sail up when a hundred yards offshore and proceeded to head home…

“Photobucket”

There was a yacht out there and he had a sail up so I figured things would be okay.

“Photobucket”

I don’t know why I don’t use it more, it really does beat making an effort.

“Photobucket”

…with a few minor adjustments to alter my course, feet up. Nice and sleazy.

“Photobucket”

Back at my beach in no time I decided to play about a bit, as per usual. That’s the kind of guy I am. There were some small waves that I could just about play with and so I did for the next hour or so, sailing along them, riding them in, sat side-on to them, paddling in and out backwards, that sort of thing. There was very little purpose to any of it other than not going back on dry land for a bit.

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

Of course that had to happen eventually and I headed in and home…the weekend has begun.
“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

I think I’ll end, if you’ll permit me the profanity, with a quote frim Lock Stock and Two Smoking barrels…

“And you're haggling over 200 pound? What school of finance did you come from Nick? "It's a deal, it's a steal, it's the sail of the fucking century!" In fact, fuck it Nick, I think I'll keep it!”

No comments:

Post a Comment