Search This Blog

Saturday 31 December 2011

101st Seaborne: …30.12.2011

I spent the day sanding the kitchen floor. I didn’t really want to. I wanted to get a photograph of my new Barbarian Beardhead alongside a wall of water. So I got on with the job and then set off to hit the shore dump at Hopton.

I got held up. The bridge went up and I sat there.

I had to get closer. I’d run out of light otherwise. Dogger it was then.

I pulled up, could see spray from dumping waves. I got the RRRapido down and went to the water.

Fishing match. Shit. Every groyne. I walked north.

4 groynes up I spotted a wave I could use with an angler far enough along that I wouldn’t get in the way…I asked and received permission to take some stupid pictures in the waves there.

I pulled on my new Barbarian Beardhead and launched. I don’t think they could make sense of things. I paddled out and tried to pick something up; get closer.

I got closer, I saw a nice steep strong one coming, I paddled for it, took it, pulled into a turn and braced into the wave…YES!


“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

I paddled out again after reviewing the footage – I could use this.

Missed a few, stretched a bit, saw one and ran in on it…YES! Another wall of water breaking over me as I leant into it and stayed upright again.

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

I ditched the camera – the light was going rapidly and had one last go…mission accomplished in 12 minutes of water time. Not long enough but intense… 101st…Screaming Seagulls!

“Photobucket”

I went home, sat at the bridge again first though.



Youtube comment: "the song asks "what does it take to turn you on?" apparently for you a glass of cold water.....thrown at you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment