Search This Blog

Friday 4 November 2011

That Friday Feeling…04/11/2011

I hadn’t intended going to work on Friday. The trouble is we had to load up for my trip to Wales on Monday so a half day working and the other half doing a load of jobs on the backburner and going on the water for a couple of hours should have been possible. They weren’t of course, things went awry and I didn’t leave off until 330.

4pm and I’m at the end of the road watching the sea and chatting to Tim.

“I haven’t got time, it’ll be dark by 5”

Half-convinced I drive the last few hundred yards and see my wife and children are out…rush around, grab kit, leave a note, get changed and by twenty past I’m out of the door – the final seal on the good vibrations being a hint…

“Photobucket”

I guess if that cat wants to go on the RRRapido then it’d be foolish of me not to boot her off and go on it myself.

I get down the beach. It’s getting darker by the minute. There’s one surfer out. It’s still a mess and even poorer than it was when I looked half an hour ago. Who cares? It’s the weekend and any paddling tomorrow is out because of my wife’s fortieth.

“Photobucket”

I go in. It’s windy. It’s wet and It’s rough. I spend the next half an hour failing to catch anything worthwhile, just having a bit of practice at staying on and upright, doing some turns and so on. Pretty unexciting but fun all the same and then as it gets too dark I head ashore and walk home. Let’s hope there’s something better on Sunday…

No comments:

Post a Comment