Search This Blog

Sunday 31 July 2011

While the Cat’s Away Day 4…31/07/2011

It’s bliss having a lay in at the weekend. I normally try and get up early and home early to suit family life but with none to please but myself I have got lazy ;D I even went down to the car boot sale in the hope of finding a wooden spinning rod but to no avail. Ah well. I called Paul again to see if he was up for a paddle and checked what time my brother was wanting me over for a barbecue in the evening…

“Anytime. We’re going kayaking at 1 if you fancy it.”

Well, it’s been years since I went with him and my nephews so I postponed Paul and went home to do some overdue rigging on one of my yaks.

We launched at Beccles at 2 and headed south for Worlingham. I never go this way as I never catch anything but with the fishing so good the other evening I was hopeful. It was bright and warm as one Scupper and five Frenzys got dumped on the slip. As we left my brother asked me why I was wearing a PFD and was I expecting a tidal wave? – I told him I always do and my gear is in it.

“Photobucket”

We headed off through the quay and under the bridge.

“Photobucket”

That’s where the Broads Authority launch was. They were starting up as I nodded to them on passing. Then they decided to speak to my brother. Pulled over in a yak ;D Hmm. I paddled on. As I heard them mention the BCU I knew that he was being asked about the Broads Authority licence…

He turns up later, heartily spanked and says he didn’t know one was needed – at nearly £30 each – and why the hell wasn’t I stopped? Well, say’s I, I was wearing a PFD so am clearly responsible…Bless him, he had a nap to recover from the stress.

“Photobucket”

Meanwhile the boys had found a diversion:
“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

Really they should have been working on their technique – I’m sure it’s not done like this in the books:

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

Well there isn’t much more to report. We did about five miles, I blanked on every lure I tried and then went back for the Barbie. Saying that though, I have a Columbo moment…there’s just one more thing…

He told me he had a bunch of fish in his pond, goldfish and grass carp. I had to spend half an hour chilling in a Frenzy ;D

“Photobucket”

No comments:

Post a Comment