Search This Blog

Sunday 3 July 2011

Veggie Food...03/07/2011

Up at 5...where to go? Swan? Power station? Ness Point? Well, the Swan is a great after-work venue and even though the tide was right I decided to give it a rest - shortage of the right lures notwithstanding! Power Station was just too far to bother with and being at the end of the road from work it would seem wrong. Ness Point it was then so I drove to the becah by my house so as not to wake anyone and unloaded. It was bright already, warm already and the sea was lovely.

“Photobucket”

I headed north, past the harbour entrance and on to Gulliver. sadly the water was pretty murky.

“Photobucket”

Not only that, even though there was no wind theree was a good couple of foot swell at the wrong angle which was hititng the rocks and rebounding and being low water I couldn't risk getting as close as I needed to be here due to the proximity to random boulders that have shifted from the wall.

“Photobucket”

So i went in. I decided that a paddle around to Hamilton Dock to look at the fishing boats was in order and got passed by a fishing boat or two.

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

Then it was down towards Lake Lothing seeing as the girls wouldn't be awake yet and I may as well make bacon and eggs for three. They're so thoughtful here...

“Photobucket”

I stopped by Asda and watched the mullet cruise past then headed back to sea again.

“Photobucket”

Back home it was breakfast and then the girls and I went to the pier with the saved heads and guts from my bass - we were after prawns in the drop nets. We managed the grand total of nine but had a giggle anyway. We had nearly as many starfish!

Back for lunch and then off to the beach to meet our friends at 2:30. Jonas had his Kea and I took the Yakboard. The intention was for me to paddle down in the Necky (1.5 mile I guess) with Eloise in Jonas' Kea or perhaps the Yahoo (her Kea being ten miles away). We decided in the end that she'd take the Scupper, she's nearly nine and a good paddler so it would be a bit of a test to see if she's as good as I suspect (I'd have a towline if needed anyway). Then I looked at the tides and noticed they were exactly wrong. Hey Ho! So we'd just play then:

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

Great fun was had even in the small waves and Abigail had a couple of surfs in my lap too. The only thing is I had no fresh fish to eat and so the barbecue at our friends consisted of pepper/onion/halloumi skewers, nut cutlets and vege quarterpounders along with some Linda McCartney sausgaes (which tasted 99% like pork sausages. they only differed in being devoid of 1% meat content I gues ;D ). It didn't matter, i've had a great weekend ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment