Search This Blog

Sunday 24 April 2011

Wedgied Whiting...24.04.2011

Well I had to head out this morning to yesterday's mark half a mile offshore to try and find my anchor and buoy over low water slack, abandoned on a short warp (to stop Westie catching me ) that was pulled under by the tide when I went to retrieve it. Of course it wasn't mirror-like this morning, slight swell and windblown surface chop combined with glare (and a malfunctioning GPS) left me without a hope and another £35 is down the pan

Anyway, while drifting around searching for it I flung out a wedge ont he bototm of a shrimp rig in the hope I might catch a herring or bass...well bugger me if I didn't have a pin whiting with it's gob stapled shut on the bottom of the wedge That's a first for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment