Search This Blog

Sunday 6 March 2011

Just more paddling around…06/03/2011

I can't get into it this year. My seventh launch of the year, it's early March and i've not had a fishings ession yet. Weather, conditions, forecasts. It's all bollocks.

I surfed last week for a little while, that was good. Today was a run from Haddiscoe to Oulton Broad, solo, in the Necky. Anbout 8-9 miles in around an hour and a half:

Haddiscoe road bridge:

“Photobucket”

Bridge supports, Haddiscoe station

“Photobucket”

Bridge support I used to seal launch from as an eighteen year old, haddiscoe station. mate lived there, great parties.

“Photobucket”

Smock Mill at herringfleet.

“Photobucket”

Blurred because I was speeding

“Photobucket”

Rower my arse, I was going forwards, not backwards

“Photobucket”

Someleyton swing bridge

“Photobucket”

Needs painting

“Photobucket”

Sun peeping through at Oulton dyke.

“Photobucket”

I had the wind and flow against me a lot of the time and having been a landlubber for a fortnight (and that for an hour with another fortnight gap before it) I wasn't feleing particuylarly paddle fit.

Now, a month ago I dragged Tim out on his Dorado and Liam out in his orange wreck and we ran down from beccles to Oulton broad, around 15 miles. It was blowing a hoolie.

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

It's like taking a fat bird out with you when you're a skinny bird on the pull:

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

I just couldn't get him out:

“Photobucket”

Apart from that I've only really dicked about, went and played and practiced in this the other week:

“Photobucket”

Yep, it's been pretty bloody boring for me. Figured i'd better post something though. Trying to make my mind up on paddling/fishing in Scotland next week. Not sure I can be arsed though :(

No comments:

Post a Comment