Search This Blog

Thursday 29 July 2010

Hit and Run Bass...29/07/2010

With my family away in France and it being such a pleasant evening I decided upon a quick raid on the bass mark near work where I went at the weekend with Brotherwarren. The good news is that the nets appear to have gone...but does this mean the bass are too?

I was after a quick raid - Scupper, anchor, one rod and a Dexter Wedge. I launched, paddled out and dropped my anchor. The tide was starting to run and a few casts on the normal corener yielded nothing. I let some more warp out and, with the tide heading seaward cast to the corner further out...first cast and I was in ;D A bass of 38cm came into the net and then into the tankwell. A few mores casts produced nothing though - had I spooked the fish?

Then, same place, a knock...following cast and the rod bent over...I was in again. A better fish this time - not a great deal bigger at 42cm but a better fight and this one also went into the back. Two bass in 30 minutes.

The tide was starting to build now and the fish either stopped feeding or were spooked and went elsewhere. Another half an hour yielded nothing and following a quick troll I headed back in to get home and make my dinner. I can smell it cooking now hence the short report :P

No comments:

Post a Comment