Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 June 2010

A Fivesome Quickie...23/06/10

Having spent the last two days driving around the country without hitting anything and having spent the weekend at demo’s I felt that I urgently needed to get wet, especially as there were a few fellas wanting to go out. One, Steve, to try a yak (in Steve111’s T13), one up here for work (in my Scupper Pro) Steve111 and Noidea who’s actually now more like Someidea now. Anyway, with my wife needing to collect someone from the station and me needing to get sorted to leave for Wales in the morning it looked unlikely as I just didn’t have the time.

So I made time. With the girls in bed I cleaned the kitchen superficially, did half the job I’d promised to do and disappeared out of the door lying about the time I‘d be back. I now had an hour and a half. Of course they were working on the bloody bridge so that cost five minutes (but supplied a handy excuse when I did get home). Still, I shot up to Hopton arriving at 20:45. I was already in wetsuit shorts, T-Shirt and plimsolls so slung a PFD on, put my Kinetic Wing together, unstrapped a demo Scupper Pro from the roof of the van, flipped it onto my shoulder and trotted down the ramp.

I gracefully dumped it into the sea with a splash, jumped in and set out at full speed for Noidea. It was his second time at sea (I think)

“Photobucket”

Smut and dog (first of each).

We chatted, then I went to chat to Steve111.

“Photobucket”

Smut, Dog, Whiting

I wasn’t having that so I nicked one of his rods and missed a few bites before landing a dog

“Photobucket”

I decided to ‘Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs of war!’ (Shakespeare you know)

“Photobucket”

I wandered over to the other two:

“Photobucket”

I tossed the dog into Chris’ lap, it had enjoyed a fine time swimming in my tankwell and looked great. I love them.

“Photobucket”

Whiting and Smut (first smut)

We chatted some more and then he had another smut

“Photobucket”

Then off to see the other Steve. We’d met in Shepperton at a demo last weekend...being local enough he got an invite up to fish with us...first time fishing from a yak I think.

“Photobucket”

Codling, Whiting, Pouting, Smut

“Photobucket”

Then I had to head in. Cracking decision that, very pleasant hour. I paddled in, hit the beach and jumped out, slung the yak on my shoulder, shot up the ramp, strapped it down and shot home twenty minutes late...I feel refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment