Search This Blog

Sunday 2 May 2010

Bank Holiday Sunday Surfing...02/05/2010

By Sunday I was pretty much back to my usual self and with some food inside me it was decided that I’d pick up my mate Liam and we’d take the Yak Boards out for a blast at Gorleston. It was a pretty windy day and on taking a look at the beach near my house it looked like it was reasonably big, so I jumped I n the van and picked him up.

“Photobucket”

We arrived at the beach, kitted up and headed down to the water’s edge. Liam hadn’t hit the water here yet and was a bit concerned about heading into the cauldron but as we had some reasonable, surfable waves at the beginning we played in them first of all. I had a new toy to try out too – my aunt had passed her largely unused Oregon Scientific Action Cam onto me and I’d strapped it to my kayaking helmet ;D

“Photobucket”

What a blast! We surfed a bit, hit the rebounding waves a bit, tried to get caught in the 6ft ‘boomers’ and tried to avoid getting taken out by Steve who had his kite surfing gear out. The Action Cam had a decent workout too and alternated between mine and Steve’s heads. Is it any good? Judge for yourselves:








And a bit of Steve’s kite surfing:




Oh, and you know that question of whether you can use a kite with a yak? Well, don’t try this at home kids...



The weekend was a blast and Monday was spent more sedately on a demo, marred only by my knowing the surf was going to be bigger and cleaner at home...

No comments:

Post a Comment