Search This Blog

Sunday 2 September 2007

Two more converts…

Well, I just had to go out again, didn’t I.

After a good lunch and fine ale at the Geldeston Locks (a real Broadland ‘place’) I took a couple of newbies with me. Finding a likely looking spot, we settled and cast out a couple of maggots on a size 16 hook and a short trace under the float.

As the float went under, Jonas was in:

“Photobucket”

His first yak fish, a dace, his first ever fish being half an hour before – a dace from the bank. One happy five year old!

“Photobucket”

Time to find another place so off we paddled, finding a couple of trees down and overhanging the edge of the river, so we found a spot and re-cast

“Photobucket”

Down it went again and Eloise was in – and in came a dace. Now her first fish was a pike of a few pounds (300m downstream) but this was her first from the yak

“Photobucket”

Another happy five year old!

“Photobucket”

Hmm. I could just get down to Christchurch by 3am if I left now…..

No comments:

Post a Comment