Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 October 2006

More Jacks in Yaks...24/10/06

Enjoyed myself so much yesterday that I decided to go again today, this time on the local broad which I haven’t fished properly before. So, I loaded up the yak and off I went.

Trolled one edge and then crossed the main basin to head for where I saw a mid-twenty come out last week when I was on the bank. Didn’t have any luck, so started off on a circuit.

At which point I heard a screech as a 2.5lb’er took a Rapala Magnum CB9.

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

Well, that was fun and 20 minutes later, after a dropped run:

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

another Jack, of a pound, took the same lure. Note the size from my hand:

“Photobucket”

Well, I carried on up and got to the top of the broad, where it heads off into a river. Passing a boat with a couple of blokes in I enquired as to whether they had any luck – none. 5 minutes later (half an hour after my last fish) they watched me carried backwards downstream (by the wind) as I’d laid down my paddle. They could clearly see:

“Photobucket”

Yep, a 5lb’er that had really thumped away on the end after taking the same CB9 and leaving the reel screaming. Netted and released in a minute or so.

“Photobucket”


The next 45 minutes saw nothing but a dropped run that felt like another good fish. Passing through the area again (after chatting to another guy in another boat) Guess what? Yep, a screech and:

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

This was on the Rapala Magnum CB11, the redhead I’d caught on yesterday. Another angler was nearby and I asked him to take a snap:

“Photobucket”

I then kissed old Esox and, not having any sandwiches with me, nearly gave way to temptation:

“Photobucket”

Passing back over that spot, you’ll never guess what happened? Yep!

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

2.5lb of pike took off again, on the CB9, but I was ready and:

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

Then off he went.

So, it was time to head home. Of course, you have to leave the lures out in case of this happening on the CB13!!!:

“Photobucket”

“Photobucket”

6 pike in 2.5 hours – that is my best days piking, and was brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment